Break into the Film/TV Special Effects Makeup Industry Now!
The Special Effects Makeup Artist Course includes:
- A groundbreaking curriculum on Special Effects Makeup Artistry including all of the top professional techniques exclusively taught by industry leaders.
- Included in the course is a hand selected Special Effects Makeup Kit which will provide all of the tools needed to start your work within the course.
- Complete video training including step by step guidance - proper safety, sanitation, as well as cutting edge techniques such as prosthetics, injuries, aging, tattoos, and more.
- A certificate of completion will be issued upon successful mastery of the course curriculum.
- Upon completion of this course you will qualify for PRO cards from our partners, which includes top brands in Special Effects artistry.
- You will receive one-on-one guidance and professional feedback.
- You will have lifetime access to the course, even after completion, including continued post graduation support from your mentors/tutors.
- You will be taught by NYC based instructors. This is an unprecedented opportunity to receive a top New York professional education, no matter where you may be located.
- This course is available internationally, completed entirely online, anywhere, at anytime!
- The goal at the end of the course is to build your professional portfolio in Special Effects Artistry.
limited time offer! Our Special Effects Makeup Kit is Included!
Our Special Effects Makeup Kit includes top industry brand name products essential in this cutting edge industry, hand picked from leading industry professionals. Everything you will need to complete the course is included - products from Graftobian, Mehron, and Cinema Secrets will set your professional kit apart from others and will serve as the foundation for your Special FX kit as you begin your career.
Your makeup kit includes:
- Mehron Makeup Special FX Kit (retail value of $100)
- PPI Skin Illustrator On Set Flesh Tone Makeup Palette (retail value of $55)
- PPI Skin Illustrator On Set FX Makeup Palette (retail value of $60)
- Medical Grade Pros-Aide Adhesive (retail value of $14)
- Graftobian Make-up Company Latex Bald Cap (retail value of $19)
- Large Tattoo Transfers (retail value of $9)
- Woochie by Cinema Secrets Post Mortum Prosthetics (retail value of $35)
- Metal Plate With Spatula (retail value of $10)
Total value: $300
Free shipping from New York to US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Estimate shipping time for US 3-5 days, international shipping will take longer. Makeup kit is subject to change.
Pro Cards and Discounts
Upon graduation of the Special Effects Makeup Artist course you will qualify to obtain your PRO Card memberships from our partners Frends Beauty and Nigels Beauty Emporium. As a professional Special Effects Artist you will become eligible to receive an up to 40% off discount in essential FX artistry brands such as Make Up For Ever, Temptu, Cinema Secrets, Inglot, Ben Nye, Mehron, Kryolan, Skin Illustrator, Graftobian, and much more. We will also assist you in securing additional PRO cards. We know that PRO cards are essential as a working professional artist in this industry to continuously expand and replenish the tools needed in your kit.
Receive OMACA Approved Professional Certificate
Upon completion of the curriculum and mastery of the course you will receive your Special Effects Makeup Artist Certificate. This OMA Accredited Professional Certificate will provide your clients with the assurance of your professional skill set as you enter into the industry as a Special Effects Artist. A digital copy of the certificate will be e-mailed to you with your graduation letter, and a hard copy of the certificate will be individually printed with our seal and mailed to your requested address.
Academy Registered Accreditation Number: ICOES/00763/0771
Course ID numbers: OMA-2504X
Krystle Feher is a powerhouse in the film, television, and editorial industry in NYC. Her talents have become one of the most sought after in the area, specifically for her extreme versatility. Krystle is known for her Special FX and Film Makeup artistry, working consistently as a key artist on set for notable feature films with her own IMDB film credits page. Her work can be seen in music videos, commercial editorial (K-Swiss, NBA), Television (The Daily Show, Wahlburgers, A+E, TLC, Lifetime, and Vice Networks), on celebrities (Courtney Cox, Alicia Menendez), and has received press and acclaim for her film work in such notable print publications including The Boston Globe.
MODULE #1: INTRODUCTION
Sanitation and hygiene
Special Fx vs Beauty
Tools and products
MODULE #2: INJURIES
Materials and products
Chip brush technique
Different kind of cuts
MODULE #3: ILLNESS
Tears and crying techniques
MODULE #4: TATTOOS
Airbrush - how to use and clean
Tattoo cover up techniques
Fake tattoo - pen, transfer, airbrush application
MODULE #5: HAIR AND NAILS
Types of hair
Wigs and body hair
MODULE #6: BALD CAP
Bald cap types
Bald cap application
Making the bold cap
MODULE #7: PROSTHETIC
Hair and nails
MODULE #8: AGING
How the face ages
Gravity and wrinkles
3 ways to achieve
How to make the face younger
Aging - hair
MODULE #9: CHARACTER
Face prosthetic application
Body painting and hair
BONUS MODULE: Essential Makeup and HAirstyling
Eye and Lip Applications
Evening Makeup Application
Creative Makeup Application
Victorian Period Updo
Hollywood Style Updo
Your next steps:
Click the "BUY NOW" button and complete the checkout process.
The Special Effects makeup kit will be prepared and shipped (usually within 3-5 business days).
You will have an unlimited amount of time to complete the course, as well as continuous lifetime access to the course.
Please submit before & after photos, a description of each look, and include the printed upload form.
Upon each submission our professional Makeup Artist instructors will reply directly to you with specialized feedback based upon your submission.
There are a total of 19 assignments to complete your certification in Master Makeup artistry.
You will receive your certificate after you have completed and submitted all module assignments, and once they have been reviewed, confirmed, and answered by our professional Makeup Artist course instructors.
You have 21-day money back guarantee to test if the course is right for you. The value of Makeup Kit is not refundable if it's opened ($300).
Our mission is to provide you with a rich and personalized learning experience, that will help you to become a professional Makeup Artist, all from the comfort of your home. From initial contact to graduation, we want every communication you have with the school to be exceptional and memorable.
Price: $999 (U.S. Dollars)
Free shipping to US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Online Makeup Academy welcome students from all over the world to enroll and does not have a minimum age or education requirement.
Ready to take charge of your makeup artistry career but unable to afford to pay for your online makeup schooling upfront? No problem! We understand that money can sometimes get in the way of the ability to pursue your new career, and that's why we created an affordable way for you to pay to take the online makeup classes you need in order to become successful in your own makeup artistry business. Our installment plan is available through PayPal for US Customers only. Free shipping.
Remember that the opportunity to invest in yourself, your passion, and career dreams will be the best investment that you can ever make, allowing you to establish a career doing what you love. It will improve your own life and will inspire the lives of those around you!